Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A special gift




I came home from school today, and found dry ice evaporating away in our drive way.


turns out that my dad brought home a box of dry ice from the operation today.


and inside used to be a bone.


Tibia. the one down the side of your shin.


so awesome. he did a bone replacement. well not my dad... he was one of the nurses in the operation.


But, earlier today someone died, and chose to donote a part of their body, and because of that, an operation took place at Royal Northshore Private.


isn't it amazing how things link together? how one person's decision can change another person's life?


I sort of feel like I have had a small part in this, because now the box which once held the bone is sitting in our front yard.




if only i wasn't so uncomfortable with bodily fluids, and cut open veins.

I would love to one day be brave enough to operate.




kt

No comments:

Post a Comment